Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, mapu tofu #chinesecooking. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This mapo tofu recipe is the true blue, authentic real deal—the spicy, tongue-numbing, rice-is-absolutely-not-optional mapo tofu that you get in the restaurants! The ever popular Sichuan Mapo Tofu! If you're a bit on the fence about tofu, this is definitely one of the best 'gateway tofu' dishes. Cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes.
Mapu tofu #chinesecooking is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Mapu tofu #chinesecooking is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have mapu tofu #chinesecooking using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mapu tofu #chinesecooking:
- Prepare Sauce
- Make ready 1 tablespoon fermented black beans (or blackbean sauce)
- Make ready 1 cup chicken/veg stock
- Take 2-3 tbsp chili bean paste
- Make ready 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- Make ready 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Take 1 tbsp sugar
- Prepare 1/2 tsp ground Sichuan pepper
- Prepare Other ingredients
- Make ready 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Take Half small pack ground pork or beef
- Make ready 2 leeks, white parts only, thinly sliced at an angle
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 1 tsp minced ginger
- Make ready 1 block soft or medium-firm tofu drained and cut into 1-inch
- Make ready 1 tbsp cornflour, dissolved in 2-3 tbsp water
- Get 1-2 spring onion, green part only, chopped for garnish
Mapo tofu is one of the top ten famous Chinese dishes and enjoys a high popularity among not only At the very beginning, Mapo tofu is named after its creator. It is recorded that there is a couple who. JOC's all-time favorite dish, and it frequently makes it into my dinner menu rotation. Mapo tofu (pronounced mapo doufu in Mandarin, 麻婆豆腐) originates from China's Sichuan Province.
Steps to make Mapu tofu #chinesecooking:
- Prepare the sauce: Rinse the black beans to remove any grit. In a small bowl, mash the black beans with the back of a spoon. Combine the black beans with the chicken stock, chili bean paste, rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and Sichuan pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large pan or wok over high heat. Add the cooking oil and swirl to coat the base. Add the pork and stir-fry until crispy and starting to brown but not yet dry, about 2 minutes, breaking up the pork with a spatula. Reduce the heat to medium, then add leeks, garlic, and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the sauce and bring the liquid to a boil, the reduce to a simmer. The liquid should now have a nice red color. Gently add the tofu cubes, being careful to not move them around too much or else they will break up. Allow the sauce to simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes so the tofu can cook and absorb the the sauce.
- Carefully push the tofu to the sides and create a small well in the middle. Stir in the cornflour mixture in the center. Allow the liquid to simmer for another minute, until the sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Transfer to a deep plate or wide bowl, sprinkle spring onion on top, and serve hot with steamed rice.
JOC's all-time favorite dish, and it frequently makes it into my dinner menu rotation. Mapo tofu (pronounced mapo doufu in Mandarin, 麻婆豆腐) originates from China's Sichuan Province. Legend has it that an old woman in Sichuan was known for serving a. Mapo Tofu can be found in nearly any Chinese restaurant around the world with hundreds of variations adapting the piquant original to suit local tastes. This dish can also be called the Mapo Doufu.
Use Food to Elevate Your Mood
Most of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we should keep away from them. Often, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is very true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether nutritious and it’s good for you to eat them. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, can improve your mood. When you are feeling a little down and need an emotional boost, try a couple of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be actually great at dealing with depression. Just be sure that you don’t toss out the yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, especially the egg yolks, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can be fantastic for raising your mood. This is because they help in bettering the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that control your mood. Try consuming a few eggs to feel better!
Put together a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Your mood can be improved by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is because these nuts are loaded with magnesium, which helps to increase serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that dictates to your brain how you feel at all times. The higher your levels of serotonin, the happier you are going to feel. Not only that but nuts, in particular, are a terrific protein food source.
Cold water fish are excellent if you would like to feel better. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all high in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. These are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you battle your depression.
Grains can be good for fighting a terrible mood. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all excellent for helping you feel happier. These grains can help you feel full for longer too, helping you feel better. It’s not difficult to feel a little bit off when you are starving! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are not hard to digest. You digest these grains more quickly than other foods which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise.
Green tea is really excellent for your mood. You were sure green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid actually induces brain waves. This will better your brain’s focus while at the same calming the rest of your body. You probably already knew it is not hard to get healthy when you consume green tea. Now you are aware that green tea can help you be happier too!
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try some of these tips instead.