Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, jamaican rice & peas. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Jamaican Rice & Peas is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Jamaican Rice & Peas is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have jamaican rice & peas using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Jamaican Rice & Peas:
- Take 1 cup red kidney beans or 1 can pinto beans( I used kidney beans
- Get 1 pack coconut powder or 1 can coconut cream
- Take 2 cups long grain rice or your fav
- Prepare 1/4 cup butter
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Salt
- Get 2 sprig (stalk) thymes
- Take 1 tsp chicken seasoning or paprika (optional)
- Take 1 green scotch bonnet pepper(jamaican pepper)
- Take 1 garlic
Steps to make Jamaican Rice & Peas:
- If using can beans pour bean in 2 cups of boiling water and follow the rest of the recipe. If used red kidney beans wash beans and then add to 7 cups of water with the garlic and allow to cook or until beans are tender. Used pressure cooker for quicker cooking
- To the cooked beans stir in coconut milk or cream(if used powder mix it in 1 cup of water), salt, seasoning,thyme,pepper,butter,jamaican pepper and cover and cook for 5mins
- Wash rice and then stir it into coconut mixture. Cover and let simmer for 20 mins on low heat or until rice is cooked and all the liquid is dried up. Ps less liquid the better so the rice doesnt become a puddle. I'd say liquid should be 1inch above the rice.if your liquid is too much the cooking time is longer and the rice will be overcooked. Stir occasionally throughout the cooking period to ensure all grains of the rice is cooked and doesnt stick to the pot.
Living Greener for Greater Health By Consuming Superfoods
One of the best points of going green is to slow down and enjoy life. Even with the fast pace of our modern world, you can accomplish this. We should get back to the point where it was a lot better to prevent disease in the first place. Numerous individuals have the attitude of destryong the body today, and mend it with a pill the next day. Everywhere you look, you hear about some magic pill that will immediately fix your latest problem. Of course, some of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with lifestyle changes. When your body ceases to function properly, you cannot get a brand new one. You need to take care of yourself while you can do so. Your body cannot work correctly if it fails to receive adequate nutrition.
When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without determining if what goes into your mouth is beneficial for you? How often do you eat mini mart junk food, or oily fried foods from the local fast food eating places? Eating sugar and starches, and fatty foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are cropping up all of the time? A growing number of individuals are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases as a result of the foods they ingest. Individuals are becoming increasingly conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not feeling well. Healthy food is now readily available at local grocery and health food shops.
Majority of grocery stores now have organic foods. There you will be able to see what science has termed superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to delay certain diseases, or even reverse them. Eating these foods will help your mental health. You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you decide to eat the superfoods instead of junk food. By getting the correct nutrition, your body will work the way it is supposed to work. By doing this, your immune system will easily fight off diseases.
Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Why not include some beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Add in whole cereals and nuts. Also, you may want to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Making these foods a normal part of your diet will eliminate your problems with gaining weight.
You will enjoy good health as you choose to eat the green living way. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system gets healthier. Prepare for a great future by making positive changes to your eating habits today.