Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, homemade pita bread. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Homemade Pita Bread is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Homemade Pita Bread is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook homemade pita bread using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Pita Bread:
- Get 3 cup King Arthur All Purpose flour
- Make ready 2 tsp instant yeast
- Make ready 2 tsp sugar
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Get 1 cup warm water
- Get 2 tbsp olive oil or veg oil
Steps to make Homemade Pita Bread:
- Combine all ingredients, making a shaggy dough.
- Knead the dough 10 min if by hand, 5 if by mixer, and the regular cycle if in a bread machine.
- Place dough in a lightly greased bowl. Let sit for an hour.
- Place dough on a lightly greased work area. Divide dough into 8 pieces.
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Make sure you have 1 rack at the very bottom of your oven and one in the middle.
- Roll out 2 to 4 pieces from the 8 into 6 in rounds. Place the flattened dough onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Probably will hold 4.
- Place on bottom rack in oven for 5 min. Then place on middle rack for 2min. This is to brown the pitas. After 5 min, you should see the pitas beging to bubble or begin to pocket.
- If your pitas have not pocketed after 5 min, you need to turn the heat up for the next batch.
- After the 7 min is over, take pitas out and place in a clean dish towel. It keeps them moist. I just placed mine in a bowl and covered with a dish towel.
- Repeat steps 6 thru 9 for last batch.
- Store pitas in an air tight container or plastic bag.
Foods That Can Make You Happy
Mostly, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and have to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this is true. At times, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for us to eat. Some foods honestly do boost your mood when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be truly terrific at dealing with depression. You need to make sure, though, that what you make includes the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the egg yolks in particular, are high in B vitamins. B vitamins can be great for elevating your mood. This is because the B vitamins increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Consume an egg and feel happier!
Make a few trail mix of nuts or seeds. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all helpful for improving your mood. This is because these nuts are rich in magnesium, which helps to raise your production of serotonin. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical substance that directs the brain how to feel at any given time. The more serotonin you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Nuts, in addition to improving your mood, can be a great source of protein.
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you wish to fight depression. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they’re all chock-full of omega-3 and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you fight back depression.
It’s not difficult to overcome your bad mood when you consume grains. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all good for helping you be in a happier state of mind. They help you feel full as well which can truly help to better your mood. Feeling famished can really make you feel terrible! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are not difficult for your body to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your sugar levels which in turn brings up your mood to a happier place.
Green tea is actually great for your mood. You were just anticipating to read that here, weren’t you? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies prove that this specific amino acid can actually induce brain waves. This will improve your brain’s concentration while at the same relaxing the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not difficult to become healthy when you consume green tea. And now you know it can help improve your mood as well!
You can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are bad for you to feel better! Go with these hints instead!