Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, stuffed quesadilla. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Stuffed Quesadilla is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Stuffed Quesadilla is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have stuffed quesadilla using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Stuffed Quesadilla:
- Make ready Quesadilla
- Get 1/4 zucchini, thinly sliced
- Make ready 1/4 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- Get 1/2 cup eggplant, thinly sliced
- Prepare 1/2 cup white rice
- Make ready 1 tsp green onion, finely chopped
- Take 1/2 jalapeño, finely chopped
- Make ready 1/3 cup finely grated cheese (cheddar, white, Monterey Jack, or a blend all work well)
- Get 1 tsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Get 1 tbsp olive oil
- Make ready 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Get salt and pepper
- Prepare 1 fajita or burrito sized tortilla shell (I love the Mission brand)
- Take 1 sour cream
Instructions to make Stuffed Quesadilla:
- Slice zucchini, squash, eggplant, or whatever vegetables you want to use into thin slices. Finely chop green onion and cilantro.
- I sort of cheated in this recipe - I had leftover basmati rice with peas and cilantro cooked up in a vegetable broth which was killer - I'm sure plain white rice would be just as good however! Either way, cook up about 1/2 to 1 cup rice.
- Heat up olive oil in a small sauce pan on medium heat, and add your vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste. After a couple minutes, add the jalapeño, green onion, and cilantro, and toss everything to coat.
- After everything has softened a bit, add your rice and get everything nice and blended. Remove from heat, set aside, and add your cheese.
- In the same pan, add vegetable oil. Add the tortilla shell (make sure there is a thin layer of oil depending on the size pan you use), and place the vegetable/rice mixture on half of the tortilla. Top with chopped cilantro. Fold over the other half and fry for about one to two minutes or until looking golden.
- Flip and cook another couple minutes until the other half is nicely golden as well.
- Remove from pan and top with sour cream and cilantro for garnish and enjoy!
Information on How to Improve Your Mood with Food
Mostly, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and have to be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is very true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, may better your mood. If you seem to be a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, are wonderful for helping you battle depression. You need to see to it, however, that what you make includes the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most important in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolk in particular, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can actually help you improve your mood. This is because these vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that dictate your mood–run better. Try consuming a couple of eggs to jolly up!
Make a trail mixout of different seeds and nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all good for improving your mood. This is possible as these foods have a bunch of magnesium which boosts serotonin production. Serotonin is referred to as the “feel good” chemical and it tells your brain how you should be feeling at all times. The more of it in your brain, the better you’ll feel. Nuts, on top of raising your mood, can be a superb protein source.
If you wish to fight depression, try eating some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all loaded with omega-3s and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain function a lot better. It’s true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can basically help you fight back depression.
It’s not difficult to drive away your bad mood when you eat grains. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all great for helping you feel better. They help you feel full as well which can truly help to improve your mood. It’s not hard to feel a little bit off when you are starving! The reason these grains help your mood so much is that they are not hard for your body to digest. You digest them quicker than other foods which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel better, mood wise.
Green tea is actually great for your mood. You were sure green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is rich in an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid induces the production of brain waves. This helps raise your mental focus while having a relaxing effect on the rest of your body. You probably already knew it is not hard to be healthy when you consume green tea. Now you are well aware that green tea helps you to elevate your moods as well!
So you see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are bad for you just so to feel better! Try some of these instead!