Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, toor daal recipe. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Toor Daal recipe is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Toor Daal recipe is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook toor daal recipe using 15 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Toor Daal recipe:
- Prepare 1 1⁄2 cups yellow lentils, cleaned, washed and drained (Toor dal)
- Make ready 4 tablespoons oil
- Take 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Get 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (methi)
- Take 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- Prepare 15 fresh curry leaves, washed and torn
- Get 3 inches fresh ginger, peeled, washed and finely chopped
- Prepare 2 teaspoons asafoetida powder
- Get 2 medium green chilies, washed and chopped
- Prepare 2 medium fresh tomatoes, washed, peeled and chopped
- Get 11 1⁄4 cups water, divided
- Prepare 2 ⁄3 cup tamarind pulp
- Take 1 ⁄2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Take 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- Take 4 teaspoons salt
Steps to make Toor Daal recipe:
- Pressure cook the lentils (toor dal) in a pressure cooker alongwith 6 cups of water until the lentils are tender.
- Heat oil in a pot on medium-high flame.
- Once it's hot, add mustard seeds, methi seeds and cumin seeds.
- Allow to splutter and crackle.
- Once they stop doing so, add in the curry leaves and ginger.
- Stir-fry for 5 minutes until the raw smell of ginger is gone.
- Add asafoetida powder and continue to stir-fry for another 5-7 minutes.
- Toss in the green chillies, mix well and continue to stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Then add in the tomatoes and 1/4 cup of water to cook the tomatoes.
- Mix well and cook on high flame until the tomatoes are softened.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix well.
- Extract tamarind pulp from tamarind to use as tamarind water.
- To do this, soak about 3 inches piece of tamarind in 1 cup of hot water.
- Squeeze to extract the tamarind pulp and let it mix with the water to form'tamarind water
- There is no need to pass this through a strainer- use it directly!
- Measure out 2/3 cup of tamarind water in a cup and add this tamarind water to the tomato mixture.
- Mix well and allow it to cook on medium-high flame for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, open the pressure cooker (by this time the lentils will be tender and the whistle would have blown) and with the help of a beater/mashing tool (we use what we call a'mandira' in Hindi. This is a long wooden spoon with a round base that we use for mashing lentils, bananas, etc), in round circular motions, mash the lentils completely, until they mix with the water in which they were being cooked.
- Now add 5 cups of water alongwith the lentil and water mixture that was used to cook the lentils. Add the tamarind-tomato mixture, mixing gracefully, as you sing your favourite kitchen song side-by-side!
- Allow this to come to a boil. - Lower flame and cook for 10 more minutes on a simmer.
- Remove from flame and serve immediately with cooked long-grain white Basmati rice.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green And Be Healthy
Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one facet of going green that numerous individuals appreciate. It is possible to do this, even in this fast-paced world we live in. We need to return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we have to get it treated. The majority of men and women think nothing of mistreating their bodies now and fixing them with a pill later. We’re bombarded with ads for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. There are some pills that help, but only if you make some essential alterations in your life. When your body ceases to function properly, you cannot obtain a brand new body. You should learn how to take care of your health before it is too late. Your body requires proper nutrients to run at its optimum levels.
Do you eat because food is available and you like the taste or do you go for nutritional foods? Do you regularly eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food places? Ingesting sugar and starches, and greasy foods, is it any surprise that new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The food products we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. People are becoming increasingly concerned about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Many good food can now be available at your local health food store or farmer’s market.
Most grocery stores now carry organic foods. This food section is filled with what are now recognized as superfoods. “Superfoods” refers to 14 foods that have been proven to delay or reverse certain diseases. Consuming these superfoods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. You will begin to feel a lot better when you opt to consume the superfoods in place of junk food. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will help it to work optimally. When this happens, your immune system will easily ward off illnesses.
You have to include some superfoods in your diet each day. To start with, beans are excellent, and berries, particularly blueberries. Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are a couple of other superfoods to add. Furthermore, you need to eat yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, plus salmon and turkey. When you consume these superfoods on a regular basis, you should eliminate any weight gain problems.
Observing a green living eating plan will provide you with just what you need for good health. Your body will become disease free as your immune system gets healthier. Ensure your future health by switching to healthy eating habits today.